No Change in Assessments in Proposed AMSCD Budget
Published on Friday, 04 June 2010 20:53
Assessments for residents of the Ave Maria Stewardship Community District are unchanged in the proposed budget for the 2010-2011 fiscal year beginning Oct. 1. The budget is one of a number of topics on the agenda for the meeting of the district board of supervisors that will be held June 8 at 9 a.m. in the Ave Maria Master Association offices in the town center. The meeting is open to the public. Click here for the agenda.
Although the district's budget for operations and debt service is basically unchanged from the current fiscal year, the meeting also will consider a proposal to increase rates for water usage by three percent, and implementation of a graduated system of higher rates for water used for irrigation that increases rates for usage above what the district says is recommended by the South Florida Water Management District.
A number of safety and traffic related matters are also on the agenda including a discussion of safe operation of golf carts on district roads, consideration of changing the intersection of Milano St. and Seton St. -- leading to the Donahue Academy from the town center -- to a four-way stop from a two-way stop.
The discussion about golf carts was suggested by several residents who have expressed concerns about their safe operation, particularly by younger drivers, according to Kelly Guarascio of Ave Maria Development. A young Emerson Park resident was injured recently in a golf cart accident.
There also is an item on the agenda for discussion of the planned closing for four weeks beginning June 14 of the Ave Maria Blvd. entrance to Ave Maria at Oil Rd. because of construction on the widening of Oil Well Rd.
The meeting also will hear an explanation of the process for selecting an auditor and determining audit criteria.
The proposed budget can be downloaded here in pdf format.
The meeting agenda is below:
AVE MARIA STEWARDSHIP COMMUNITY DISTRICT
Ave Maria Master Association (office/fitness center)
5076 Annunciation Circle, Suite 103
Ave Maria, Florida 34142
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
June 8, 2010
A. Call to Order
B. Proof of Publication
C. Establish Quorum
D. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
E. Comments from the Public for Items Not on the Agenda
F. Approval of Minutes1. March 2, 2010 Regular Board Meeting
G. Old Business
1. Status Report on Development
2. Security Status Update
3. Status Report from the AMSCD Design Review Board
H. New Business
1. Consider Resolution No. 2010-01 - Adopting a Fiscal Year 2010/2011 Proposed Annual Budget
2. Consider 2010 Master Irrigation Utility Rate Adjustment & Conservation Rate Structure Implementation
3. Safety Issues/Concerns
- Discussion Regarding Use of Golf Carts on AMSCD Roads
- Consider Changing the Intersection of Seton Street and Milano Street from a 2 Way Stop to a 4 Way Stop
4. Notification Regarding the Temporary Closure of the Ave Maria Boulevard Entrance Due to Oil Well Road Construction
I. Administrative Matters
1. Consider Designation of an Auditor Selection Committee and Accept Audit Criteria
2. Announce Landowners' Meeting to be held in November of 2010
3. Legal Report
J. Board Members Comments