Click for Ave Maria, Florida Forecast

The Ave Herald

Serving the community of Ave Maria, Florida

Home

Arthrex To Start Building New Ave Maria Facility Late This Year

Little more than a year after opening its manufacturing plant in Ave Maria, medical device maker Arthrex is shipping almost three-quarters of a million assembled products each month from the familiar blue and white building on Oil Well Rd., Arthrex VP of Manufacturing Andy Owen told The Ave Herald.

About 700 people, the majority of them new Arthrex employees, work two 10-hour shifts six days a week in the 190,000-square-foot facility, Mr. Owen said, adding that the plant is at about 75 percent of its capacity with the remaining 25 percent held in reserve. In addition to constructing the facility, Arthrex invested more than $10 million in new equipment, he said.

Next at the site Arthrex owns in Ave Maria is the construction of a 60,000-square-foot "finishing facility" that will prepare assembled products for delivery to Arthrex's new distribution center near the Ft. Myers airport. That finishing work currently is done at other facilities in central Florida and Atlanta, and Mr. Owen said that some workers will relocate from Georgia. The new Ave Maria facility will employ a total of 60 people.

Even after the new building is finished, Arthrex still will have room to grow on land it already owns. Their current building is designed to accommodate a 90,000-square-foot addition and there is space for a third structure, Mr. Owen said.

"There is a very good chance we will build more," he said. "Ave Maria is a perfect location to grow our campus."

 

Looking for the truth about
what Ave Maria is really like?
So much of what has been
reported is wrong.
Click for the most
oft-repeated myths about
Ave Maria and the reality.